Sunday, March 20, 2011

Raspberry Italian Soda

The other day ago, I blogged about a little diddy that I love... My Raspberry Faux Mocha. Included in that, is the Raspberry syrup that I hold near and dear to my heart. Yummm. Having this syrup linger around my house got me thinking about another Raspberry drink I love. Have you ever tried an Italian Soda? They use to have them at my local Starbucks, but I guess, not everyone loved them like I. They stopped selling them about a year or so ago. Lucky for me, they are super simple to make, and do not need a ton of ingredients either. Here is what you need:


1. Syrup {of your choice flavor} 2. Sparkling Water {Faygo is so cheap, and you can find it everywhere} 3. Ice {just to make it feel a little fancy}




Fill the glass to the top with ice, this way you have lots of clings & clangs to make it "sound" official :)

1 cup of Sparkling Water
2 Tbsp. of syrup {I like to add another 1/2 though, I <3>
put a straw in it and give it a swoosh.


*I will let you in on a couple secrets also: you could use high end Sparkling Water {like Perrier}, although I haven't. I can't tell you first hand if it taste different. Second thing, some people consider Italian Soda with heavy cream added or whipped cream on top. I really do not like either of these, so I did not include that in my recipe {if you can call it that!}

No comments:

Post a Comment