Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Daydreaming the Day Away

When I was a little girl, I had it in my head that it would just be amazing if I had a window seat. I am not sure what triggered this want/need in my young self, but it was merely a wish. When I was nine-ish we moved to an older home that had windows that nearly touched the floors, and my room was upstairs, facing the street. When it was nearing, but not quite summer, we changed our clocks so it was still dusk at bedtime. I would sit in front of those windows and watch the older kids play in the street for another half hour or so. This was as close as I came to stargazing from my totally awesome but not real window seat.

Fast forward about 20 plus –ish years…my older daughter was upstairs for quite the while the other day, I called up “what ya doin punkin?” She replied “Oh just lookin out the window.” A big smile passed my lips. Then she said “Did you know there was a bird in my tree?”

DSC_0893_thumb[1]

You see this is what she gets to look out her window to see.. her bed just ends at the window. A flood of memories raced to me as I took this picture on her faux-window seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment