Monday, March 14, 2011

Spring is here - So is my garden

Spring has sprung!

Time has sprung forward... & my veggies are springing up too :)
It's almost garden time, I am so Excited. Do you have a garden? Ever thought of having one? It is a lot of work, but it is so rewarding when you can walk out to the garden and pick a tomato to slice for supper. A little salt on that and yummo I am in heaven!


Pictured here are my carrots, broccoli, and tomatoes. I planted these seeds a little more than two weeks agao & look how quickly they popped up. The only problem now... what do I do with these beauties till after Mother's day?

Here is a quick tutorial on how to get these big boys {or girls} planted. It really is too easy! I almost feel bad posting about it how easy it is :)





First things first, go shopping! My personal favorite...
You will need seeds of your choice, and one of these all in one domes that are amazing!



Secondly, open the lid and put the appropriate amount of water inside. Don't worry too much about getting an exact amount on each individual one, there is plenty of water to swish about before it all seeps in.



Thirdly, not really anything here for you to do, just watch each of the soil pellets puff up. My girls thought this part was "cool" :)




Now it is time to feel like a real Farmer Jane :)
Get digging! Take about a fourth of the amount of the dirt out of the center of each pellet. They recommend to put about two to three seeds in each one. I think we, put about three in each one. Yes, my four year old helped me put the seeds in, and her little fingers could do a better job then mine.




Put the dome on the top and wait till you see green, litterally! They recommend to popp the lid up after you see the first green. I just cocked it catty-wompus and that worked just fine. {P.S. Did your grandmother always use silly phrases like catty-wompus}

No comments:

Post a Comment