Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father's day 2011


This weekend was a crazy one, but exciting at the same time. We went to the zoo on Saturday with the girls, which was a really great time. {I will post pics later on that}
On Sunday, a bit by surprise, we ended up going to visit family in the other direction. My oldest brother bought a house, so we all met up there. It was a lovely day in more than one way... the weather was perfect, and it is always nice to spend time with family. Not having seen my dad since Easter, it was good for me and my girls to get to spend Father's day with him.
My dad, like most, have lots of Fatherly words of advice to hand out to his children. I have never taken his words of advice lightly, and even more so now that I am an adult. Here is my favorite, and most frequently heard, piece of advice. It is quite the metaphor for life...


The picture was taken this weekend, across from my brother's new house.
I love old barns, my heart melts and aches for them at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment