Friday, June 10, 2011

White Dandelion Wishes

So I am not sure of the proper name of these “flowers”, but I know they are a hit with Kai Lan & with my girls as well. I knew I wanted to “make” some myself, but really wasn’t sure what I needed or needed to do. I racked my brain about it for a few weeks and this is what I came up with…

DSC_0844

Lucky for me, we have had a few storms blow through the area, and all we had on the ground were these little twigs laying around. It was like they were meant for me and my project Smile

DSC_0845

DSC_0850

Easy enough to push the Styrofoam ball on the stem stick and then add in the “twigs” all around the ball. But now for the complex part… how to get the fluff to stick. At first I put glue all over the ball itself, and put the fluff {cotton ball} around it. That didn’t work very well though. Next what I tried…

DSC_0852

I pulled the cotton ball all apart, and rolled those twigs over it. I really would have preferred the angel hair {like at X-mas time} but I didn’t have it or time for a trip to the craft store… plus I am not sure if it would have stuck to the twigs. Also, since I didn’t use the glue, I used hair spray to hold it together once it was complete. I am not sure how that angel hair would have held up to the hair spray. All and All I was very happy with the results in the end.

What do you think?

258233_2097604446111_1425361842_32393876_7264826_o

1 comment: