Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ice Carving Festival

If you’ve been following my blog for any amount of time, you know that I am not a big fan of winter, & really am not a big fan of snow either. There is, however, one little event that I actually like to go outside for, once a year. The Ice Festival! We’ve braved the cold for this festival just past three years now, and I am still impressed with their carving talent!

DSC_0306

Yes it was biting cold, but even my girls didn’t mind going… might have something to do with the hot chocolate & cupcakes that await them in the sidedoor deli. It’s very nice to have a reason to walk around the plaza and get some fresh air in the dead of winter. We had awesome visuals to keep us moving, I mean just look at this talent!

DSC_0266

 DSC_0276   DSC_0308

It was exciting to see a lady carver out there as well, representing women with power tools. She was super nice, and it was lovely to have my girls see that girls can use chainsaws and such as well ;)

DSC_0290

The girls and I had a nice time despite the cold. The mocha, hot chocolate, & cupcakes didn’t hurt either….. Like the sign says, Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment