Wednesday, February 13, 2013

A Chocolatey Idea

I need to start off this post by saying, I am no chocolatier. I am, however, a chocoholic. Not the kind that I crave it one week a month, and not the kind that I LOVE, love. Love! Chocolate (although I do). I do mean it in ever sense of “aholic” you can imagine. Hide it? yes. Horde it? yes. Not willing to share? yes. But the one that made me stop and evaluate my situation is the day I stopped to get lunch and bought three salted dark chocolate caramels, individually wrapped. I put one in my mouth, and the other two in my pocket. Within the ten minutes I needed to get back to work, I had another one gone… I sat at my desk, seething for the last one. LOL desperate? I think so! I really wanted to keep it for that 2 pm crash/hang up, but no! It was gone 10 minutes later.

DSC_0398

Now that you know my love/hate relationship with this most wonderful/most loathed object in my life, I have a nicer story to end with…

DSC_0399

As I was drifting off to dreamland the other night I had a vision of creating chocolates for Valentine’s Day. They were going to combine two of my favorite flavors, Chocolate (of course) & raspberry. I had some jam in the fridge…

DSC_0411

I also had a very lovely silicone heart mold I wanted to use for the occasion. You guessed it, the idea nagged at me, just as that last salted caramel. I decided to try my hand at being that non-chocolatier. I have to say, for my first time with “filled” chocolates, I feel like I did a fabulous job! The professionals seem to get more “stuff” in the middle, but I was fearful it would ooze out the back or the sides. They tasted just like my vision as I drifted off to sleep.

DSC_0417

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment