Thursday, April 18, 2013

Who needs T.V. when you have PTO?

WOW guys! This week went by so flippin fast. I don’t want to down play either of the tragic events this week, but our household had a great week!

Here’s how: NO TV WEEK

no-tv

Our PTO planned something every single night for us. We were unable to go on Monday, but it was family game night. Tuesday we had Dinner with the stars: the local astronomical society came and spoke to us about space. We made comets with paper plates, and my daughters favorite.. The Dry Ice Comets! Wednesday we had our Art walk: post to come, & a play from the 4th and 5th graders, called the ‘granny awards’. Then Thursday we had a cookie and create event. Our art teachers came to help the kids paint their very own canvas! That was my oldest favorite by far.

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming. I was very concerned at this idea of my girls not having the boob tube to calm them down…. Or mommy should say make them stop fighting. What I quickly realized however is there was more laughter and less yelling. No one was trying to ‘out loud the television’ for a change. Background noise just adds to the chaos in ones home. So lesson learned, time to get that thing turned off! This shouldn’t be hard to do, the sun will be coming out to play soon (I hope).

No comments:

Post a Comment