Thursday, February 10, 2011

Ice Festival 2011


I will start by saying, I know I have been a Debbie Downer about Old Man Winter lately. I figured it is about time I do a nice post about some of the the perks to having a cold season where you live... My family & I went to a ice carving festival in our town a few weekends ago, and it was a nice experience for my girls to have. They are 4 and pushing 3, so I like to give them new experiences every chance I can. The world is just opening up to them, and this makes me feel like a kid again myself, so for that I braved the cold!

As you can see there were a TON of sculptures going on that day. When we first pulled up to the plaza this was taking place at, we stumbled upon this guy still carving. Almost every store/restaurant had an ice sculpture in front of it. The girls and I loved them! Alisa got her picture taken by Harry Potter, that you see in the bottom right of this collage. My favorite was a tie between the "Life Is Good" skier {that was the moto for the day} & the canoe boat. I have to say, I am not a big fan of beer at all, and in fact have never even tried this brand. :) The sculpture that is in the middle, bottom of this collage, was taken for my father. His favorite movie is "The Christmas Story", and this was a wink and a nod to that movie {I am only to assume anyway}.

Now this little beauty! This had to be the icing on the cake {pun intended}. The little circle in the bottom left corner? It says "Will carve for food". I think we are super lucky to have a Gino's East here in my town, and I would go every Friday if I could. Heck I would even try my hand at carving for some of that yummy pizza :) But, overall, I was in awe when I saw this... and all of these sculptures.

No comments:

Post a Comment