Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ni Hao, Maya


In about three months, my little baby is going to be three years old! I know, you might be asking yourself... Did she not just post Maya's 1st birthday yesterday? Well I am playing catch up my dears :) But the other day my little princess let me in on a little secret: She wanted a Kai-Lan party for her birthday. So I did a little investigation today. Here is the inspirational board I came up with.

I, of course, had a little help from my friends {they might not realize they are my friends, but whatever, lol}. First of all, these beautiful lanterns in all colors and sizes. They can all be found on Luna Bazaar website. The cartoon picture can be found by a simple google search.. I may have to snag it for "the perfect invitation". As for this cute paper mache Kai-Lan sun, it was found over at Sometimes She Sleeps Blog. She also has other ideas for a Kai-Lan party. Now on to these cute red flowers. These were actually on top of what looks to be triffles... yummm. I just adore those flowers though, I think I would love to put them on top of cupcakes. Maybe even red velvet cupcakes. If you want to see the rest of this cute party, head over to the home party planner. She is also featured with this party on one of my favorite websites: the hostess blog. She features the best parties. Last but surely not least, Sushi! Okay, not real sushi, and believe me, I can not wait to make this stuff. It is actually rice krispie treats with some yummy gummies. For a full tutorial on how to make these beauties go to What Makes Us Click. I am sure that I will come up with more ideas between now and then for this party, my mind works overtime on the subject of "parties". So till then....





No comments:

Post a Comment