Sunday, June 26, 2011

Anthropologie Inspires

When I was a girl I can remember my mother doin macramé & as I grew I also recall disliking the plant hanger that she made, with a glass surface, that cradled a plant. “It is so 70s style” I recall thinking frequently as a pre-teen. As I became a teenager, however, I had to request my mother show me her macramé skills, that way I could make the latest crazy, friendship bracelets. 

Now the two worlds collide, all because I stepped foot into Anthropologie in Indy this past weekend. I have a bit of a love hate relationship with this store, love everything, and hate the fact that I can afford nothing! This time I am hoping to fix that though. I snapped this shot with my camera phone {sorry for the poor quality} and I would like to recreate this. I have to admit, it is a bit ironic that these are similar macramé hangers to the one that I loathed as a pre-teen :) In my defense, however, they are quite a bit thinner than the one I remember. Now I just have to channel my inner teenager to remember how to macramé.

IMAG0830

No comments:

Post a Comment